Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, November 26, 2012

Pumpkin spiced yams.. make a day before.

I made these for Thanskgiving. While trying to locate the mini marshmellows at the store, I came across these and thought they would be fun. They are pumpkin spiced marshmellows, also made by Jet-puffed. I knew the flavors would be great, but I was pleasantly surprised to discover how once cooked, it turned into a hard top, like that of a creme brulee. I added some other ingredients, candied some walnuts and pecans, then placed in the fridge overnight for Thanksgiving.

3 cans of cut sweet potatoes (I used Princella brand 8 oz cans)$5.00
1/2 cup milk*
2 tbsp of butter*
2 dashes of cinnamon*
1/2 tbsp maple syrup*
1/2 tsp vanilla extract*


candied nuts:
1/2 cup walnuts $2.00
1/2 cup pecans $2.00
1 tbsp brown sugar*
dash of cinnamon*


1/3 package of Jet-puffed pumpkin spice marshmellows $0.75


Open cans of sweet potatos, drain. Combine potatoes, milk, butter, cinnamon, maple syrup and vanilla in alarge bowl. I use an electric mixer to mix mine. you can just use your hands as well. mix until well blended. I placed mine in an disposable aluminum foil pan that I purchase them from the dollar tree. Next, combine the nuts, cinnamon and sugar in a small pan and cook on medium to low until the sugar become wet like a glaze. Turn often to coat each nut and quickly remove from heat so they don't burn. Top the yams with the nuts, then the marshmellows. This is where you can either cover in foil and cook another day or, just place in the oven at 375 for 30mts.

so 4 steps:
mix ingredients in a bowl
make candied nuts
top yams with nuts and marshmellows
bake

No comments:

Post a Comment