Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Tortilla pizza.. yup, pizza in 15mts..


This quick and waist friendly meal happened like many other great dishes in history... by complete desperation and blind faith! I was out of flour to make dough. my pita bread that I was banking on to make the pizza with had been eaten (still not sure by who. That case is currently pending). So I did what any pizza craving person would do, I said screw it and made believe it was dough. Piled it with my chosen toppings, plopped in oven and crossed my fingers. When it was done, I sliced it up. With that first bite, I still swear I heard magical music in the air. It was HEAVEN! I had to reprocess this in my mind."Am I really eating something that not only taste exactly like thin crust pizza, but it's only 390 calories"? I walked away from the kitchen that day a new woman.


1 burrito sized tortilla $0.20
1/3 c. spaghetti sauce $0.30
1/3 c. shredded mozzerella $0.50
about 10 pepperonis $0.25
5 sliced mushrooms
about 2 tbsp sliced onion
1 tbsp sliced green onion
1 tsp. prepared minced garlic

( you can add whatever toppings you'd like. Chunked pineapple, sliced olive, spinach, tomato slices, bell pepper,etc.)

preheat oven to 500.
place tortilla on ungreased pan. spoon on sauce and spread to cover entire torilla. add cheese, mushroom, pepperoni, onion and green onion. top with garlic. Bake for 13-15 mts. remove and slice. It is very low cal too. appx 390 calories.

so 2 steps:
build pizza on tortilla.
bake and slice.

No comments:

Post a Comment